Cell phone technology continues to improve each and every day, enticing consumers to dump old models and nab the latest innovations. The mad dash to grab the latest version of a smartphone leaves your old models in the dust, but what exactly do you do with them?
Take your iPhone for instance. When you first get it, you love its new features, how fast it is, and all the upgrades over your previous version. But, eventually, the commercials for the next smartphone will sprout up (such as the introduction of phones with 4G capabilities), leaving you pining for the next big thing.
It’s the cycle we go through with just about every product these days, and that’s perfectly fine. The real key here is determining what to do with that old mobile phone. Cell phone recycling comes with a number of benefits that you should consider, including ones that will bring you even closer to that coveted new iPhone.
Here are five reasons that you should recycle your iPhone:
1) Cash – We certainly understand how important having some extra money can be. Mobile phone recycling with e-Cycle allows you to make some cash that can go towards the new iPhone or smartphone that you’ve had your eye on.
2) Environmental Benefits – When you recycle your phone with e-Cycle, you can rest assured knowing that we are committed to making a major impact on the environment. We hope that you’ll love keeping electronic waste out of landfills and salvaging the metal for reuse as much as we do.
3) Switching to Verizon – It has been announced that there will finally be a Verizon version of the iPhone, set to be released in early 2011. For those of you looking to make the switch to this network, it’s a great reason to recycle your AT&T iPhone.
4) Reducing Clutter – We’ve talked about how mobile phone recycling reduces clutter, and you wouldn’t want your old iPhone to feel hurt and neglected when that new one arrives, would you?
5) Data Protection – Old phones that were simply dumped or recycled mobile phones that were done so improperly still contain data that can be accessed by anybody. To ensure the protection of your data, utilize e-Cycle’s industry-leading thorough and secure data-clearing process.
There you have it – five reasons to recycle your old AT&T iPhone with e-Cycle. Whether it’s to make extra money, eventually switch to the Verizon iPhone, or any other reason that you might have, be sure to keep e-Cycle in mind.