It’s been rumored and speculated over for a while now, but the dream finally seems to be close to reality: a Verizon iPhone is expected to be released in early 2011.
This comes as great news for those of us who want more choices and better pricing when it comes to these smartphones. But how will you decide between the Verizon or AT&T version of the iPhone?
Either way, there has never been a better time to sell your iPhone and upgrade to a new version. To help you make the decision when you finally do want to sell your iPhone for cash, we have provided five reasons to buy the Verizon iPhone:
1) Being a part of the largest network – There are obviously a number of advantages to being a part of the largest mobile network available. For those of us who like being associated with who’s currently king of the hill, and want an iPhone to boot, this is a win-win.
2) The ability to stay in the Verizon network – There are no doubt plenty of people who have not yet purchased an iPhone for the sole reason of “not feeling like switching to a new network.” This is partly why Android phones have become so successful. However, if you’ve really been aiming for that iPhone, you’ll now be able to do so while staying in the comforts of your own network.
3) The ability to move to a new network – It works the other way, too. If you feel stuck with AT&T but can’t seem to part ways with your iPhone, welcome to the best of both worlds.
4) Fewer dropped calls? – Verizon phones currently do not allow for data services to be used when making calls. That means data usage cannot interrupt or drop calls on the Verizon network, potentially resulting in fewer dropped calls on the Verizon iPhone.
5) Is Verizon a better network overall? – A number of studies and polls have shown that Verizon may, in fact, have a better network than AT&T. While each has its own desirable services, there is no doubt that Verizon is often considered the head of the class in the world of wireless phone providers.
Whether you choose the Verizon or AT&T version of the iPhone, it is beneficial to the consumer to see competition develop for this particular smartphone. Having a choice is certainly never a bad thing.
When you do finally decide to upgrade, though, be sure to sell your iPhone to e-Cycle. We take care of the entire process and, in addition to helping you afford a new iPhone, recycling cell phones with us has a number of environmental benefits.
When the Verizon iPhone does hit stores, remember: don’t just recycle your old iPhone, e-Cycle it!