Not All Mobile Recycling
Companies Are Equal
e-Cycle is e-Stewards® certified and dedicated to upholding the highest global standards for environmental responsibility, worker safety and data protection. We urge organizations to pledge to only use e-Stewards® certified recycling companies.
The e-Stewards® Certification program provides confidence that e-Cycle consistently conforms to the e-Stewards® Standard for responsible recycling and reuse of electronic equipment. Accredited, independent and specially trained e-Stewards® bodies certify e-Cycle via rigorous annual audits.
Please watch this critical video spotlighting the horrible e-waste problem and the dangers of not using e-Stewards certified e-waste recyclers:
ABOUT E-STEWARDS® CERTIFICATION
e-Stewards® is the leading global program designed to enable organizations that dispose of their old electronic equipment to easily identify recyclers that adhere to the highest standard of environmental responsibility and worker protection.
Certified e-Stewards recyclers adhere to the e-Stewards Standard for Responsible Recycling and Reuse of Electronic Equipment® ; written by the environmental community with leaders in the industry to protect human health and the global environment. While there are other guidelines written for the recycling industry, the e-Stewards® Standard is the only e-waste standard that:
- Prohibits all toxic waste from being disposed of in solid waste landfills and incinerators
- Requires full compliance with existing international hazardous waste treaties for exports and imports of electronics, and specifically prohibits the export of hazardous waste from developed to developing countries
- Prohibits the use of prison labor in the recycling of toxic electronics, which often have sensitive data embedded
- Requires extensive baseline protections for and monitoring of recycling workers in every country, including developed nations where toxic exposures are routinely taking place
- Is written for international use
Download e-Cycle’s Environmental Health and Safety Policy